Thursday, February 5, 2015

FINALLY

31 January

Got up this morning to bright sunshine.  It's been raining here for 2 1/2 days.  The interior roads at the park are okay but the ranch road is a swamp.  It's passable but...




The RPOD was at Jimmy's RV Repair for some maintenance.  Somehow their voice mail messages telling me it was ready didn't get to me.  I called Friday (after the rain had made the road a mess) and the RPOD had been ready since Tuesday.  That's how it got mud-covered.  I had mud from knees down; had to put my jeans in the shower to get the worst of it off as I didn't want to put so much sand into the washers at the park.

Obviously the Jeep also was mud-covered on that trip.  I had park fever so I went into Las Cruces Saturday and then back across the same road.  The Jeep looks even worse now.   There is no point in going into town to the car wash as I would have to cross the same road to get back.  The road should dry out in a couple of days so I will hitch up the RPOD and Jeep and get them both clean again.

There were 65 people at the potluck supper Friday night, a new record.  It's almost the capacity of the room.  All 70 of the lease lots are occupied and there is a waiting list.  Shanon and Jolene's management is beginning to show.

While in Las Cruces Saturday, I stopped at Las Cruces Motorsports to look at a Honda 4x4.  Decided on the Pioneer 500.  See photo below.  




Two of the guys in the park took me out today in a small convoy to give me some experience with the rough roads.  When I get more confident, I will take the dogs with me.  That should be interesting. Most of the time people go out at least in twos so if there is a problem, someone can return for help.  There is also a ham radio network and the hardcore people all have transmitters to call for help if needed.

1 comment:

  1. The path to feed the horses is mud and more mud. Spring in February, not unheard of a thaw sandwiched in the middle of winter. Hurrah that means mud twice! What brand is the Pioneer 500? Now you need a little trailer to put the ATV on.

    ReplyDelete